Monday, January 28, 2013

What I'm reading...

I follow a blog called "100 Days of Real Food"... It's written by a woman named Lisa and, well, she's awesome, y'all. Go check her out, seriously. She doesn't know me or know I'm writing this post, so this is honest to goodness love for another human being and what she does. She and her family took a pledge a couple of  years ago to eat real food for 100 days and they have stuck with it ever since. She's my go-to girl when I have questions or need ideas on foods. Her site is super user-friendly and she goes in-depth on why certain foods are bad or good. She also has children, so she shares their lunches and gives ideas on ways to get kids to eat clean, too. Go say hello!

 Lisa shared that the original book that helped them start their journey was In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. She also listed her other book recommendations for those of us on this journey. From that list, I picked up Food Rules, also by Michael Pollan. Both amazing books that I highly, highly recommend myself. Easy reads that are truly eye-opening. Go pick them up!
 
 



 
Another book that I recommend is You Are What You Eat by Dr. Gillian McKeith. This was actually the first book I bought when starting my journey earlier this month. I'm always carrying at least one of these books with me. They're also either sitting on my coffee table, night stand or kitchen counter. I love learning new things, especially about something so important like the food we're putting into our bodies!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment