Sunday, January 6, 2013

My new obsession!

My love for Pure Barre is indescribable. I took my first class almost three months ago and I have been hooked ever since.
 
Picture from here
 
My girl, Ashley Spivey, is the one who got me started. She posted about it on her Instagram account and I was intrigued immediately. I mean, have you seen that girl's body?
 
I went onto Yelp and did some research on what other people were saying. Most comments were good, but there were a few comments that scared the poop out of me made me a little uneasy. But I put my big girl panties on and signed up for my first class. Just like Yelp said, there were "Buckhead Betties" and a room full of girls who didn't talk to me, but in the end I was there for myself and nobody else.
 
Picture from here
 
The class starts with a quick warm up and jumps right into working your arms and abs. Then it switches to thighs, seat and back to abs. After completing each area of the body, you stretch. This is what creates the long, lean muscles... Aka: a ballerina body. I'm not there yet..
 
I left the class a little disappointed because I didn't feel sore. In fact, I came home and told Adam, "I don't know if I'm going to join because I don't feel as sore as I thought I would." Then I cursed myself. 
 
I woke up the next morning so sore that I couldn't even sit on the toilet. TMI? Sorry. But my goodness, I hurt in places that have never hurt before. And I loved it! There was something that drew me in. I've joined gyms, kickboxing classes, Zumba and never made a routine out of it. But this, I am totally, 100% in love with. I recommend it to everyone I know and now I'm sharing the wealth with you! Go to their website and find a class near you!
 
The first month I lost 11.5lbs and 7.5 inches. The second month was during the holidays and I stayed the same. At the end of this month (and every month), I'll be checking in with updates. I do know that I need to add some more cardio in. This class is great because it lifts, tones and burns, but I want to lose more weight while continuing this awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment