Sunday, February 3, 2013

So, this happened today...


I won this, y'all! One of my favorite Pure Barre instructors, Melinda, shared with the class that she lost 29lbs through Blast. She mentioned that she was going to be featured in the AJC and we should check her out! Well, her article motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and check out what this workout was all about. So, I "liked" them on Facebook and followed them for a few weeks. Then in the beginning of January they posted this:

 
So I responded with this...


And then on February 1st, I saw this...



Eeeee!!! I was at work when I saw this on my phone. I may or may not have screamed out loud. I may or may not have jumped up and down. And I definitely sent a scream text to Adam. You know what I'm talking about... ALL CAPS BECAUSE I WAS SCREAMING WITH EXCITEMENT!!! I never win anything. Ever.
 
Today was my first class and I was SO scared. Luckily, the instructor was awesome and extremely helpful. She explained things before class and checked on me throughout class. And the girls I were next to were also very helpful. I asked too many questions and they were more than happy to help. Yay for fitness support! :)
 
If you're not familiar with Blast900, it is circuit training where you can burn up to 900 calories in one hour. BLAST = Balanced Level of Aerobic and Strength Training
 
A direct quote from there website:
 
"BLAST900 is a fat shredding, muscle toning, personalized group exercise class in which people of every fitness level alternate between cardio on a treadmill and strength training on the floor, each working at their own pace to reach THEIR maximum effort. Our specific formula for creating our class structure is what guarantees each client THE ULTIMATE WORKOUT and will forever change how you look, feel and perform."
 
They have locations in Atlanta, Athens and Charleston, SC. So, if you live close to any of these locations, I highly recommend you checking it out! Your first class is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment