Monday, February 11, 2013

Lunch, lately...

Since we've started cutting out processed foods, our lunch has been the same every day. Lunch meat is no longer something we want to put in our bodies, so we needed to get creative.
 
Enter the hummus sandwich...
 
 
I buy our whole wheat pitas from Trader Joe's. They get two thumbs up in my book!

 
I use a tablespoon of hummus, then sliced cucumbers and top it with Havarti cheese. It is absolutely delicious, if I do say so myself.
 
 
BUT it can get quite boring eating the same thing every day, so we need lunch ideas! This week I bought different cheese (ohhh, I'm really living on the edge!), but we're still using the same pita and cucumbers. What other vegetable can we put on the sammy? And I'm thinking I may need to attempt some homemade soup. That can't be too hard... All ideas and recipes are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment