Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

My cousin, Jamie, posted a picture of peppers on Instagram that she was using to make stuffed peppers that evening. She totally inspired me to step out of the box and try some myself! So, I headed to Whole Foods and picked up a few ingredients that we didn't have in the house.
 
 
2 Yellow Peppers
2 Orange Peppers
Black beans (had in the house)
Organic tomato sauce (had in the house)
Organic Mozzarella cheese
 
It was SO simple to make. It'll definitely become a staple in our weekly meals.
 
I cut the tops off the peppers and scooped out the inside...
 
Then, after cooking my black beans and quinoa on the stove (I buy the black beans raw, not canned), I used them to layer in the pepper. First quinoa...
 
 
Then the black beans...
 
 
Lastly, I topped it with organic tomato sauce and organic mozzarella cheese! I baked them at 350* for about 45 minutes and they were perfect!
 
 
 
The peppers were soft enough to cut, but still had a slight crunch to them. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment