Saturday, December 15, 2012

Introductions

Welcome, everyone! I'm Lauren... and this is my husband, Adam.
 
 
 Just like you'll read on my sidebar, this blog is about the journey of a wife living a healthy lifestyle. I want this to be a place of inspiration for both myself and my readers. I was engaged in 2010 and spent the year leading up to the wedding as most typical brides do: exercising and watching what I eat (with the help of Weight Watchers). I lost 39 pounds and felt great! Then we got married in November 2011 and I fell onto a slippery slope. I first stopped watching what I was eating, then I slowly stopped working out. Over a year later, I've gained 30lbs. Isn't it crazy how hard you work to take it off and how easy it is to put back on? Well, two months ago I decided that enough was enough. I joined a fitness class called Pure Barre (I'm totally addicted! That's a whole other post...) and started to watch the food I was eating and my portion sizes. I've lost 11.5 pounds and 7.5 inches so far. I decided that I wanted to take this one step further and blog about it. But on top of that, my husband and I are trying our hand at "clean eating." Not that we eat bad now, but we can definitely improve on eating less processed foods and more natural foods. Hello fruits and veggies! There are lots of blogs out there that help with this process, but since I'm a newbie, I thought it would be neat to record my findings along the way. Because I'm sure I'm not the only person trying this right now and it's nice to know you're not alone.
 
This blog won't be strictly about eating healthy and exercising. Honestly, a healthy lifestyle is about balancing everything in your life. So you'll see posts about fun date nights, trips with friends, time with family and even the occasional work-related topic. Please feel free to leave comments and questions any time you'd like! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! All my love and support....your sister, Traci

    ReplyDelete